The following documents list the Articles of Incorporation for the ILEAS Foundation.
Official ILEAS Gear and Apparel
We are pleased to announce the only officially recognized online source for your ILEAS Gear and Apparel. A percentage of every sale goes to the Foundation, which then reinvests it in training and equipment for Illinois Law Enforcement.
You are supporting Illinois law enforcement with each item you purchase!
Please visit the ILEAS Foundation Online Store - ILEASGEAR.COM
2019 ILEAS Conference
Vendor Registration - Now Open!
As in the past, the ILEAS Foundation is offering Sponsorship Opportunities to the vendors. With these sponsorships are various benefits, depending upon the sponsorship amount. We would love to talk to you about the benefit of sponsorship, along with how this helps the ILEAS Foundation and ILEAS continue to run this great conference. More Details
Please call DeDe Bucher or Jan Plotner at 217-328-3800 if you are interested in helping to sponsor the 2019 ILEAS Conference
ILEAS Foundation Receives Grant to Support ICAC
The ILEAS Foundation has received a sizeable grant from Operation Underground Railroad. The funds will be used to support the Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC). ICAC is a task force developed to protect children online from predators and other threats which is operated and overseen by the Illinois Attorney General's Office. Pursuant to the grant agreement, the ILEAS Foundation will purchase over 30 laptops and software for training and upated Cellebrite devices and software and other equipment that will be used in the training and online investigations.
Representatives of Operation Underground Railroad (OUR) and the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC) will be on hand on August 2nd at 10:00 AM to announce a large grant from OUR to the ILEAS Foundation to support the ICAC. For more details, please see the Media Release.
About the ILEAS Foundation
In an effort to better support local law enforcement in Illinois, keep costs down, and provide a wider range of training opportunities, the ILEAS Foundation was created. In 2009 the ILEAS Foundation was formed as a 11-501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation receiving a 501C3 charity tax status. The Foundation supports local law enforcement in Illinois, outside of the standard government grant process. Support is given to local law enforcement by utilizing donations and private grants, which provides equipment and training to officers and deputies to better serve their local Illinois communities.
The Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System—also known as ILEAS—was created in 2002. ILEAS administers federal homeland security grants for the benefit of local law enforcement agencies in Illinois. These grants come with restrictions on the types of equipment ILEAS can provide to local agencies. Additionally, there are strict restrictions on the specific types of training that can be conducted. ILEAS member agencies pay a small dues stipend to ILEAS to manage the grants. Even though costs keep going up, in today’s tight government budget environment, ILEAS has chosen not to increase the dues.
The Foundation raises funds through donations, fund raising events, and private grants to support the training and equipment mission of ILEAS and to benefit Illinois law enforcement.
The ILEAS Foundation is located at 1701 E. Main Street, Urbana, IL 61802.
How Can You Help?
There are numerous ways in which individuals, companies or others can contribute to the ILEAS Foundation Mission in supporting the Illinois Law Enforcement community.
- Visit the ILEAS gift shop located at the ILEAS Training center, all profits from the sale of ILEAS Gear goes directly to the ILEAS Foundation
- Use the link below to shop Amazon Smile where a portion of eligible purchases are donated to the ILEAS Foundation
- Direct Donation to the ILEAS Foundation
eBay for Charity
- Shop or sell and support ILEAS Foundation on eBay
- Add us as your Favorite charity on eBay to see us as your preferred charity in eBay checkout
- You will also be able to donate a portion of your proceeds to us when you sell on eBay AND get some of your seller fees waived and receive the tax credits
Humble Partner Program
- Humble Bundle offers its customers the opportunity to support a charity with every purchase they make
- ILEAS Foundation, as a Humble Partner, would receive:
- 15% of each enabled Bundle purchase
- 5% for each enabled Store purchase
- $10 for every new Humble Monthly subscriber
- Use Humble Bundle’s existing Choose Your Own Charity feature during checkout
All donations to the ILEAS Foundation are considered tax deductible.