As everyone knows, ILEAS is working to get EVERY Breath Alcohol Operator (BAO) re-certified before December 31, 2019. Since last March (2019) ILEAS has processed over 2,000 BAO recertifications. Out of that 2,000, 1,500 have been processed in the last week! However, there are still thousands yet to recertify. ILEAS encourages EVERY agency in Illinois to begin the process of recertifications immediately. We strongly suggest that EVERY operator, even if they are under the three year limit, get recertified thereby extending their expiration date out an additional three years.
This is what the general process will be between now and December 31st:
- ILEAS has uploaded the entire database of known users that we received from ISP.
- Each agency should log into their ILEAS account and review that list.
- From there each agency will be able to update its list by removing or adding operators and adding some required information (ILETSB PTB ID, current email, etc.)
- Detailed instructions are online.
- Each agency will officially certify that their list of eligible operators is accurate.
- Once that is confirmed, your operator will receive an email from the ILEAS system directing them to log into the LMS to take the training/test and print out a current certificate.
- This process will be available for any operator under the four-year limit.