Update February 14, 2024
- Demolition work throughout the facility is complete. The contractors have removed the walls from approximately about 15 offices and other spaces.
- Remodeling work is well underway! ILESA is looking at a Mid-April completion date.
- One caveat to that date is the delivery of an air handling unit which is not scheduled to be deliverd until June.
- Drywall, HVAC, electrical and plumbing work is all underway.
- The basement remodel is almost complete. Painting and trim work is still underway.
- The new classroom in the B wing is starting to take shape.
The Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System (ILEAS) will be accepting resumes to select a new Finance Manager. ILEAS administers federal and state public safety grants for law enforcement mutual aid involving 900+ agencies in Illinois. ILEAS employs well over 50 full and part time staff and training cadre members across the state. The Finance Manager serves as an assistant to the Executive Director by overseeing all fiscal processes. The position requires broad experience in the aspects of public agency financial management. This position must be fully capable of supporting the vision, policies and intentions of the Executive Director and the ILEAS Governing Board with regard to oversight of a budget ranging from $7 to $15 million annually.
The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of progressively responsible service in an Illinois municipal, county or governmental unit and experience with the peculiarities of grant management rules to include compliance with the Illinois Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). This person acts as the Fiance Team Leader and routinely supervises as many as five additional finance employees.