Welcome to the ILEAS Training Center
Located in Urbana, Illinois, the ILEAS Training Center and Headquarters is one of the premier training sites in the Midwest. This multi-functional facility is located on a 13-acre campus and offers over 60,000 square feet of classroom, office and training space. Classrooms range in size from a breakout room for 12 to a spacious auditorium that can seat up to 120 people classroom style.
The ILEAS Training Center is state-of-the-art, with audio and video conference capabilities.
In addition to classroom training, there are several areas available for tactical, crime scene, K9 and other scenario-based training.
To support cross-disciplinary training with an emphasis on law enforcement and public safety at the local, state, and federal level. This will be accomplished by providing a versatile facility which can be used in a variety of ways:
- Realistic tactical training in residential, office and institutional settings, as well as formal classroom instruction.
- State of Illinois approved and sponsored training such as Mobile Field Force Basic, Active Shooter, Crisis Intervention Team (CIT), Lead Homicide Investigator, and more.
- Training for state agencies including, but not limited to, the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board (through MTU 12), Illinois State Police , Department of Public Health, Illinois Medical Emergency Response Team, and the Department of Transportation.
- Computer training for state intelligence and data dissemination systems.
- Incident command integrated with field operations training and exercises for entire communities in conjunction with the Illinois Fire Service Institute.
To work with industry and government in testing new products, procedures, and processes with an emphasis on public safety and law enforcement. ILEAS is dedicated to developing and maintaining realistic testing environments, utilizing working law enforcement officers in this process.
To provide operational support to public safety, homeland security, and public health agencies in Illinois and throughout the Midwest.