ILEAS is interested in expanding its existing learning management and project staff to meet the needs of our growing enterprise. We currently offer a wide variety of programs and services to a number of organizations and agencies supporting public safety in Illinois. ILEAS provides an online platform for thousands of state and local employee to assist with their training. We administer a multi-year program to distribute NARCAN across the state to police and fire agencies, and the distribution of Bleeding Control Kits to schools for emergencies. ILEAS is continuing to grow to serve public safety needs.
To support these efforts, we are now looking for a talented, motivated individual to join our team. This will be a full-time position at the ILEAS Training Center located at 1701 E. Main in Urbana, Illinois. The successful candidate will work as part of a team handling the ever-changing needs and issues that are part of the ILEAS online training and other projects. Most importantly, this individual must be able to effectively communicate with clients, efficiently trouble shoot information and craft solutions for detailed problems.
Why Work @ ILEAS?
- Flexible work schedule
- A leadership team with nationally-recognized expertise
- An award-winning workplace focused on innovation and cooperation
- A mission founded on serving the greater good
- Ability to positively influence public service agencies across Illinois and around the United States.
Who We’re Looking for:
- You are comfortable learning new technologies
- You are proficient with software platforms like Microsoft Office
- You can translate technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- You enjoy troubleshooting and solving challenging problems
- You have outstanding communication skills
- You place a high value on providing outstanding service to others
- You work well with a team and in an environment where there are a variety of tasks
- You can work independently or as a team member on large and small projects to accomplish the continually expanding mission of ILEAS.
- Preferred – but not required - skills include familiarity with the main functions of a learning management system and/or the ability to develop or modify curriculum or experience assessing and developing lesson plans, preferably for adult learners
For more information, please download the job description.
Salary and Benefits Include:
- Salary: $45,750
- Paid time off: 168 hours annually
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ILEAS Chief of Staff Larry Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ILEAS is currently funded through June of 2021, primarily through FEMA’s Homeland Security Grant Program; continued employment is contingent on renewed funding.