The Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System is seeking an ideal candidate to fill the position of Communications Liaison. This position will fill an important role in the delivery of communications and technical support to first responders across the state of Illinois. This position will work closely with existing ILEAS staff to complete needed training, asset inspection and maintenance and on-site team building to further the long term goals of the ITTF. The communications liaison will be responsible for assessing the on-going needs of the 22 current communication units of the Strategic Technology Reserve.
The position will require the ability to travel. This will include necessary trips to the ILEAS training center where a large cache of technical equipment is stored and maintained. Additionally, this position will be conducting inspections and inventories on assets that are staged across the state. It may also become necessary to participate in exercises and operational responses to actual events. Please refer to the attached Job Description for additional detail on the position responsibilities.
Qualified candidates should possess the following requirements:
- A minimum of 10 years service as affiliated with an emergency service provider. (i.e. Fire, Law Enforcement, EMS)
- A minimum of eight years assigned as agency communications/technology specialist
- Field experience in first responder communications and technological needs.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary: $58,000
- 168 hrs annual PTO
- Jury Duty Leave: As summoned
- Unemployment Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Travel Reimbursement: Per State of Illinois Policy.
Interested candidates should email a resume with cover letter to Larry Evans, ILEAS Chief of Staff at email@example.com.
For more information regrarding your employment rights please click on the links below: