A combination of squads from various Mobile Field Forces in Central and Northern Illinois will come together for a full-scale exercise in Southern Illinois on August 20/21. This exercise has been approved by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. The purpose of the exercise will be:
- Deploy from one part of the State to another to practice responding to a terrorist event or natural disaster
- The ability for multiple squads from different Mobile Field Forces to work together over an extended time in the field
- Work with MABAS to set up, maintain, live in and break down their tent city capabilities
- Test our ability to provide food for the team members in a rural environment without the benefit of local resources
- Test a significant amount of communications and technology gear that has been acquired and deployed in the last year
- Skills that every Mobile Field Force team member should know will be tested
To add a real-world element, the exercise will coincide with the Total Solar Eclipse which will take place on Monday afternoon.