The Illinois Emergency Management Agency advised ILEAS that they have a large supply of COVID test kits available for law enforcement agencies in Illinois. They have over 1 million kits they would like to distribute. Some of these kits expire in August. Any law enforcement agency in Illinois can apply for the kits. They come in cases of 90 two-packs (180 individual testers in each case). You are more than welcome to distribute them amongst your staff for home use. The process will be:
- Complete the request form found behind your ILEAS password in the CURRENT PROGRAMS box. Each order is one case. They will not break them down in smaller quantities
- ILEAS will compile all the interested agencies into a list for IEMA
- IEMA will ship the cases to you directly
- IEMA will be shipping the test kits to your official agency address as identified in your online ILEAS account.
- There will be no cost for the kits or the shipping.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your RPC or to Jim Page.